Frequently Asked Questions: CURRENT TENANTS

When is rent due?

Rent is due on the first day of every month.  There is a five day grace period to allow for delivery of rent.


What forms of payment are accepted for rent?

There are several methods of payment that are accepted for rent, although we do not allow payments in cash.  Accepted methods of payment are checks, money orders, or cashier’s checks.  You may also submit a credit card payment or electronic check payment online through only.  Please note that we do not accept credit or debit card payments in our office.

Please note that your payment should always state your name, address, apartment number, and phone number in order to ensure proper crediting of your account.


Where do I pay my rent?

There are several ways you can pay your rent, including the following:

  1. Some buildings have a drop box for rent on-site, check with your building engineer to see if this is available in your building.
  2. Rent can be mailed or dropped off to our main office at 2057 W. Addison, Chicago, IL 60618.  An after hours drop box is available for your convenience.
  3. Rent can be submitted online through  Credit cards and electronic check payments are accepted online only through only.


Can I set up automatic payments for rent?

You can set up recurring automatic credit card or electronic check payments through  Also, many banks allow you set up automatic payments to be set up through their automatic bill pay systems.  You should contact your bank directly to see if this is available to you.


Who do I make my rent payable to?

When you sign your lease, you will be given instructions on whom to make your rent check out to.

I have a problem in my apartment, who should I call?

If you have a problem in your apartment that requires work, please contact our main office to make a request.  An online maintenance request can also be sent through our website.


I have an after hours emergency, who should I call?

In the case of an absolute emergency that occurs when our office is not open (i.e. major water leak, power outage, etc.) please contact our answering service at (630) 790-7108.  The appropriate party will be reached for immediate assistance.


My building is located in an area that requires a residential parking permit, where can one be obtained?

Residential parking permits can be obtained from the City of Chicago.  For details, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at (312) 744-6770 or visit


Who do I call to set up utility accounts?

It is your responsibility to contact the utility companies to set up any accounts for services not included in your rent.  The following companies service the City of Chicago.  Please note that it is your responsibility to be available to allow access to any utility companies seeking to perform work on your behalf.

Electricity:  Commonwealth Edison (ComEd)  (800) 334-7661,

Gas:  Peoples Gas (866) 556-6001


Who can I use for Cable TV/Phone Service?

Please note that while we do allow installation of cable TV, do not allow satellite dishes to be put on the building.  You can contact the following companies to see if they service your building.  Please note that it is your responsibility to be available to allow access to any utility companies seeking to perform work on your behalf.


Comcast:  (800) 266-2278,

RCN:  (800) 746-4726,

AT&T: (800) 288-2020,



I have to break my lease, what are my options?

In order to break your lease, you must contact our main office to receive instructions and the paperwork in order to sublease your unit.  A sublease agreement form will be required and can be found on our website.